- All clients must fill out a Swim Whisperer registration form (click link then scroll down to find your specific location) in order to participate in the swim lesson program.
- These are swim lessons carried out by swim instructors. These instructors are not therapists. If at any time you feel that your child needs therapy sessions in order to identify the best way for them to effectively learn to swim, please communicate this to your swim instructor and contact our scheduling coordinator (email@example.com) to set up an appointment with one of our PT’s or OT’s. You can also call us at 203-545-0024 or visit our FAQ page.
- Please email your swim instructor prior to the first lesson to let them know about your child’s likes, dislikes, behavior strategies, and learning styles.
- There is a non-refundable annual registration fee of $50.00 per child.
- We now use the MindBody software system to securely store your credit card information. We will bill your card directly after each visit. Packages for swim lessons are available at a discounted rate. Please email Julianna (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
Packages & Special Promotions
- We offer a 5 lesson auto renewal package for private and semiprivate classes at a 10% discount.
- We run 2 special promotions a year for a discounted 20 package of lessons. This promotional package is a significant discount and cannot be refunded for unused lessons once you leave the program.
- We must have notice of your child’s cancellation 24 hours before your scheduled lesson in order to avoid being charged a cancellation fee equivalent to the full cost of the lesson. If your child has a package, one lesson will be deducted. We understand families can not predict sudden illness or unplanned conflicts, and we hope that you understand that our instructors need a sufficient amount of notice in order to successfully fill the gap in their schedule for that day.
- If you cancel your child’s appointment 3 weeks in a row, you may be moved to a cancellation spot at the discretion of your swim instructor, and be called on a week-to-week basis with openings.
- If your children are working with multiple instructors, please be sure to call or email each individual instructor directly to cancel appointments.
“Code Brown” Policy
- The YMCA, JCC, hotel, and other pools that we utilize for services all have strict “poop in the pool” policies, and will charge a fee to cover maintenance costs and shut-down of the pool. When this occurs, these costs will be passed on to the family responsible. To prevent this from happening, if your child has any risk of this, please ensure that he/she is wearing a swim diaper covered with rubber pants.
Safety & Siblings
- Please hold your child’s hand on the pool deck and walk them to their swim instructor at the start of each lesson. Please meet them at the entrance of the pool when the session is over and take their hand as you walk to the changing area.
- There is no free swim in any of the pools that do not have a lifeguard. Any of the YMCA’s with a designated free swim area may have free swim at the Y’s discretion and under your direct supervision. This is not a part of Angelfish Therapy or the Swim Whisperers program. If you’d like a sibling to swim at the same time as their brother or sister, please let us know and we can arrange a swim lesson for them at that time.
- Please supervise your child(ren) and any siblings at all times in the pool area. The pool deck is slippery, so there is no running allowed on the deck. Once the child’s lesson is over, they are expected to leave the pool.
- All children who aren’t consistent with their potty training must wear a swim diaper, or protective swim pants from My Pool Pal, with a tight fitting bathing suit over it.
Towels and Changing Areas
Please bring a towel from home for your child. Use of changing areas is fine, but use of hotel, YMCA, or JCC towels is not permitted.