- All clients must fill out an Angelfish Therapy registration form (click link then scroll down to find your specific location) in order to participate in the aquatic therapy program.
- These are therapy lessons carried out by licensed occupational and physical therapists. If at any time you feel that your child also needs swim lessons, please communicate this to your aquatic therapist and contact our scheduling coordinator (email@example.com) to set up an appointment with one of our Swim Whisperers swim instructors. You can also call us at 203-545-0024 or visit our FAQ page.
- Please email your aquatic therapist prior to the first lesson to let them know about your child’s likes, dislikes, behavior strategies, and learning styles.
- We now use the MindBody software system to securely store your credit card information. We will bill your card directly after each visit.
- You will receive an email invoice monthly from firstname.lastname@example.org to submit to insurance.
- Please contact your child’s therapist directly if you ever need to change or cancel an appointment.We must have notice of your child’s cancellation 24 hours before your scheduled lesson in order to avoid being charged a cancellation fee equivalent to 50% of the full cost of the lesson.
- If you cancel your child’s appointment 3 weeks in a row, you may be moved to a cancellation spot at the discretion of your child’s therapist, and be called on a week-to-week basis with openings.
- If your children are working with multiple therapists or swim instructors, please be sure to call or email each therapist or instructor directly to cancel any appointments.
“Code Brown” Policy
- The YMCA, JCC, hotel, and other pools that we utilize for services all have strict “poop in the pool” policies, and will charge a fee to cover maintenance costs and shut-down of the pool. When this occurs, these costs will be passed on to the family responsible. To prevent this from happening, if your child has any risk of this, please ensure that he/she is wearing a swim diaper plus rubber pants and/or a tight fitting swim suit.
Safety & Siblings
- Please hold your child’s hand on the pool deck and walk them to their therapist at the start of each session. Please meet them at the entrance of the pool when the session is over and take their hand as you walk to the changing area.
- There is no free swim in any of the pools that do not have a lifeguard. Any of the YMCA’s with a designated free swim area may have free swim at the Y’s discretion and under your direct supervision. This is not a part of Angelfish Therapy or the Swim Whisperers program. If you’d like a sibling to swim at the same time as their brother or sister, please let us know and we can arrange a swim lesson for them at that time.
- Please supervise your child(ren) and any siblings at all times in the pool area. The pool deck is slippery, so there is no running allowed on the deck. Once the child’s lesson is over, they are expected to leave the pool.
- All children who aren’t consistent with their potty training must wear a swim diaper, or protective swim pants from www.MyPoolPal.com.
Towels and Changing Areas
Please bring a towel from home for your child. Use of changing areas is fine, but use of hotel, YMCA, or JCC towels is not permitted.
Collaboration with Other Professionals
As always, we are happy to collaborate with any other professionals involved in your child’s treatment goals and objectives. Feel free to talk to us about it.
If you require letters of justification for your insurance company, just let us know. While we’re considered an out-of-network provider, and can’t process claims directly, we do want to assist you in any way we can to get reimbursement for your child’s treatment.