Totally Treatment Therapy Workshop – Connecticut
Instructors- Ailene Tisser MA, PT & Cindy Freedman MOTR, TRS
DATE: Thursday November 14, 2019
TIME: 8:30-5:30 pm
Courtyard Marriott Norwalk
474 Main Ave, Norwalk, CT 06851
– 9 Contact Hours for Continuing Education
– To sign up: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=114960&stype=-8&sView=day&sLoc=0&date=11/14/19
– Questions? – Contact Nicole at email@example.com
Totally Treatment Course Objectives
- Gain an understanding of the properties of the water and how to use them in your treatment sessions.
- Gain an understanding of handling techniques for strengthening, balance reactions, relaxation, and sensory integration.
- Practice handling techniques in a lab and have the opportunity to try these techniques on clients.
- Learn up to 10 new treatment techniques
- Demonstrate an understanding of the uses of equipment in the pool
- Learn creative ways to structure a treatment session to achieve therapy goals with clients that have both physical and sensory disorders.
- Learn how to write appropriate and measurable long term and short term goals for aquatic therapy.
8:30 AM-9:00 AM – Registration/introductions
9:00 AM-10:00 AM – Properties of the Water
10:00 AM-11:00 AM – Handling Techniques
11:00 AM-12:00 PM – Private/Semi-Private/Small Group Treatment
12:00 PM-12:30 PM – Lunch Provided with Video
12:30 PM – 1:00 PM – Travel to Pool location for Water Lab portion
1:00 PM – 2:30 PM – Therapist Handling Lab (In-Water)
2:30 PM-4:00 PM – Pediatric Client Lab (In-Water)
4:30 PM-5:30 PM – Documentation and Q&A wrap up