Aquatic Therapy Workshops
We hold full-day training workshops a few times a year for aquatic therapy. The co-founders of SwimAngelfish will walk you through the finer points of pediatric aquatic therapy. Classroom instruction, lab time and hands-on training/observation in the pools.
We can hold a private workshop at your facility, host a workshop at your aquatic center and provide phone consultation and video conferencing call the office at 203-545-0024 to determine your needs.
Angelfish Therapy Workshops
Totally Treatment Therapy Workshop – Georgia
Instructors- Ailene Tisser MA, PT
Totally Treatment Course Objectives
- Gain an understanding of the properties of the water and how to use them in your treatment sessions.
- Gain an understanding of handling techniques for strengthening, balance reactions, relaxation, and sensory integration.
- Practice handling techniques in a lab and have the opportunity to try these techniques on clients.
- Learn up to 10 new treatment techniques
- Demonstrate an understanding of the uses of equipment in the pool
- Learn creative ways to structure a treatment session to achieve therapy goals with clients that have both physical and sensory disorders.
- Learn how to write appropriate and measurable long term and short term goals for aquatic therapy.